Saturday, September 5, 2009

GOSH

I have issues with answering my phone, in case you hadn't noticed.
Elen is doing her best to correct those issues.
It's not working.

So far this weekend, she's called me 34 times, left me 14 messages, and I didn't pick up once. I'm total baggage as a friend. Sorry, Elen. I would say that I'll try to do better, but I'd rather accidentally leave my phone on vibrate over the weekend than accidentally leave my phone on loud during class and get it confiscated. Plus, it would be super embarrassing because I have THE dorkiest ring tone ever. One time my phone went off during science, and luckily the teacher was nice and didn't take it, but after that everyone was like "Cool ring tone, Alyssa. (snicker, snicker)." Those poo-heads. Who gives an elephant tail if my ring tone is "cool"? But, either way, I'd rather not be humiliated in public again.
The solution is: My phone stays on vibrate, even if that means I miss a few (or 34) calls.
Anyways, before I stop going on and on about nothing, I would like to share a quote that I absolutely LOVE. I was listening to the Refreshments (cuz they're wicked awesome) and the last line of their song "Down Together" is:
"We could find a speck of dust and scribble down our life story."
Isn't it beautiful? I don't know why, but I find it absurdly comforting.
Stop laughing.

2 comments:

Devin said...

"Cars break down and people break down and other things break down too." is one of my all-time favorite lyrics (from the same song).

lissylouhoo said...

yeah, that one's super awesome.
Did you say that the movie "Arachnophobia" is the reason you're afraid of spiders? I thought you did, so I decided not to watch it with my family.