Saturday, July 11, 2009

Grocery Store Wonders

You'll never guess the sale they were having at the grocery store today, and when I say you'll never guess, I mean it.
The sale was 10/$10. Now see if you can guess what it was.
Still having a hard time? Okay, I'll tell you. It was 10 for $10 COTTAGE CHEESE.
I repeat: COTTAGE CHEESE!
Who in their right mind buys 10 tubs of cottage cheese all with the SAME EXPIRATION DATE? Except for old people, but I don't even think old people would buy 10 freaking tubs of cottage cheese.
Who could even EAT that much cottage cheese?
I was so weirded out that I seriously considered talking to the manager, but then I remembered that managers don't listen to teenage girls. So I decided I would just rant about it on here.
Needless to say, my trip to the grocery store today was one I will probably remember for a long time to come.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Are you sure it was only cottage cheese? They usually give you a variety of things to choose from so, in your case, you don't have to buy 10 cartons of nasty cottage cheese!!!

lissylouhoo said...

It really was cottage cheese. everything on the shelf with the 10/10 marker was cottage cheese, i swear.

Molly said...

I never could figure out why they don't just put $1. I know sometimes you have to buy 10, but even when you don't, they still suggest 10/$10. So dumb!

So when's your cottage-cheese-tasting party?

davenportreport said...

Lis, you make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

They usually give you a variety of things to choose from so, in your case, you don't have to buy 10 cartons of nasty cottage cheese!!!
___________________
Vince
Instant loans at an attractive low rates