Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Evolution of a Nickname

I don't know if I can explain how strangely nicknames evolve, so I'll just have to provide an example. This is the evoluton of my baby sister, Sophie's, nickname.



Sophie-

Phophie- (sydnee coined this one)

Pophie Trophie Ninja-

P.T. Ninja-

Edgar (don't ask)-

Ickle Edgarkins-

Gerkie-

Gerkie-my-workykins-

Gerkin-

Dill-

Dilly-my-willykins-

Willy



We still mainly call her Gerkie and pretty much anything with "Ickle" in front of it... although Sydnee's been known to use any one of theses names when referring to the baby. Poor Sophie's going to have no idea what her real name is...



I also sometimes call her my "cutie puh-tootey with a little fruity booty)



Evolution of Sydnee's Nickname

although it's not as impressive as Sophie's...



Sydnee-

Bean-

Beanie-

Ickle Beanykins-

Beanykins-

Beany-my-weanykins

That's pretty much it.

No comments: