Friday, October 7, 2011

The Arm-Hair Complex

That's right! Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls I would like to introduce to you the new standard of social acceptability regarding armhair! Can you believe that that sentence is actually allowed to exist? I can, because I spend all day in high school.
So, here's how it goes: Girls are not allowed to have arm hair. If they do, they are either a) gross, b) uncool, or c) the type of girl who attends the Girls' for Green convention and doesn't ever wear a bra.
You get the picture.
Now I would like to present you with the root of the problem (haha, "root"): I have armhair. Not just any armhair. Gorilla hair. Picture gorilla arms with light brown hair on them and you get the picture.
And it is most definitely not a pretty picture, I might add.
So, I am faced with a dilemma that most societally oppressed people have faced at one point or another: to shave, or not to shave? That is the question.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I love the new layout! And I hate that girls are expected to shave their arm hair now. It's ludicrous. Really. Your arms aren't even hairy! Buck the system. Do it. Viva la hair revolution. Just remember to shave your legs...that's gross.

lissylouhoo said...

mwahahaha! I guess that can be another thing I add to my list of rebellious things I did as a teenager.