Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Who Woulda Thunk It?

You'll never guess what I did today...
I made bread.
Who woulda thunk it?
You see, we made bread in Young Women's last Wednesday, and it was pretty much the best ever. So I got the recipe from my young women's leader and I made it at home on Monday night. But, it turns out, the first time most definitely isn't the charm. I mean, the bread was delicious and all, but I was just too inexperienced. What I mean is, the loaf was really lumpy. It looked like it had horns and little stubby feet. When I tried again today, the loaf came out beautiful and perfect. However, now I'm starting to think that I liked the lumpy loaf better...
Either way, I pretty much am in love with bread-making. I would seriously do it every day.
The bread recipe I have is more of a snacking bread, or like a bread to go with soup. But I think it would be super cool if I could get a really good recipe for sandwich bread and then we wouldn't have to buy bread anymore; I could just make the bread we use for lunches and toast and stuff.
Anyhoo, I think I've pretty much exhausted this topic.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Send me the recipe! Pretty please?

lissylouhoo said...

Okay, will do.